160 replies to this topic

#1 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

This issue has come up time and time again for this forum.

I've watched this forum since November 2011 till now. Every time I get on here I see something new, I learn something, and then I enjoy some decent discussions with people. Then it is just throwaway when someone gets righteous about something.

The average age of people who play this game and are fans of the IP are generally people over the age of 25. I am 19. Yet some of you act like you are younger than me. You are fully grown men and women. You have jobs, lives and even children. I haven't proven myself in the realm of real life but even I know how to be respectful even on the internet.

We are human beings, we get angry and mad. Do I get furious at a game sometimes? Of course. Do I start cursing, yelling, and insulting people? Yes, but that is the rare occasion otherwise I keep it to myself.

I don't quite get it. PGI has worked hard over the course of a few years or maybe less to get MWO to where it is now. As we've been told, some people don't leave the office til late at night. They resurrected a dead IP. How many people were playing MW: LL? As I've been told the servers never had more than 100 people total. There have been 5,000 view this forum in the past hour. Lets make that the vocal minority. 11.000 accounts, people. It will continue to grow as the game develops.

Founders; You didn't buy this game. The purpose always was that you were showing support for this game. Your money helped in the very beginning to make it. Some of you cry and asked for refunds after putting hours of playing into it. Acting like you bought a game and you were dissatisfied. Let me get this straight...You gave PGI money to make a game, you play the hell out of this game even though you knew it wasn't finished. You complain, you moan, and gripe and have the gall to ask for your money back? YOU PLAYED THIS GAME FOR HOURS ON END HAVEN'T YOU? This iphone, i've had it for a year. I still don't like the map on it. Better get a refund!

MC Buyers; The words are right there and you are almost in the same boat as founders. You play the game long enough and hard enough to to want premium time and skins. You want this content and you will be no better then you cry about how you wasted your money.

Free To Players; PGI has made this game because they wanted to. They like the IP. They wanted to make this game open and free to you. You play this game and start spouting hate and sling mud on them. You ignore every match you played and negate every good thing that you've gained from playing it. Did you not get enough gleeful satisfaction from getting the finishing blow on that mech? Was there not a single match where you came out and smiled? What would be the point if you just played matches to get angry and then moan and groan about it on a forum?

There are good people out there enjoying the game as it is. Then we have folks that deem it fit to instead state that PGI is something lesser. There are valid concerns and criticism underneath the anger and the stupid posts and I don't mean to paint it black. I just and pointing this post toward the unreasonable people who think that insulting PGI immersing them into the crowd or mob is helping. Getting angry and boiling over happens, I get that. I don't get...I don't see any bloody respect from you people who are supposedly grown, MATURE people. You act like the petulant kids of my generation disliking how their parents gave them the wrong type of phone.

I love this game. My brother lives a thousand miles away but me and him get on MWO daily and play it together. I get all these great memories when i join the teamspeak and win or lose I enjoy the game. I am blowing up mechs with my own damn skill or fail but I can still have a damn good time.

I don't hate you disrespectful people. I pity you.

Edit: I edited my post to clarify certain things. This was an emotional post and nothing is perfect. -Shrugs-

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 05 March 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#2 Athalus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Amen

#3 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

On another note, after the patch goes up. Anyone wanna play a game together?

#4 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Self-righteous (however correct) kid, you're probably about to get flamed into oblivion.

....good thing that will only prove your point. Brace yourself.

EDIT: Apparently I was wrong. God, I miss being wrong.

Edited by Tarrasque, 05 March 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#5 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Self-righteous (however correct) kid, you're probably about to get flamed into oblivion.

....good thing that will only prove your point. Brace yourself.

I am from Rochester Hills, MI. Been bullied enough as a kid. And I don't particularly care if they do. They've got words. If they wanna start team killing me in the game that is just petty and proves that they would still play the game regardless.

#6 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I am from Rochester Hills, MI. Been bullied enough as a kid. And I don't particularly care if they do. They've got words. If they wanna start team killing me in the game that is just petty and proves that they would still play the game regardless.

HAHAHAHA. I live in Auburn Hills right now, work in Roch Hills

Good ****. I'll be looking for you on the battlefield :)

Edited by Tarrasque, 05 March 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#7 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

HAHAHAHA. I live in Auburn Hills right now, work in Roch Hills

Good ****. I'll be looking for you on the battlefield :)

Small world indeed sir, and I look forward to it.

#8 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well said OP.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

When not acting my ancient age! prefer to do so in a humorous way, not temper tantrums. making folks smile or laugh is good for the heart my dad always says. and he's up around 90 YO.

(Small world... Plymouth/Canton resident)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 05 March 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#10 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 March 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

When not acting my ancient age! prefer to do so in a humorous way, not temper tantrums. making folks smile or laugh is good for the heart my dad always says. and he's up around 90 YO.

(Small world... Plymouth/Canton resident)

It gets smaller! Michigan is still a heavy metal state. I guess Michiganders love giant hunks of metal.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 05 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#11 Metallis

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 79 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Anyone team attack you, add me to your friend list. I got your back!! ;) :)

#12 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

This issue has come up time and time again for this forum.

I've watched this forum since November 2011 till now. Every time I get on here I see something new, I learn something, and then I enjoy some decent discussions with people. Then it is just throwaway when someone gets righteous about something.

The average age of people who play this game and are fans of the IP are generally people over the age of 25. I am 19. Yet some of you act like you are younger than me. You are fully grown men and women. You have jobs, lives and even children. I haven't proven myself in the realm of real life but even I know how to be respectful even on the internet.

We are human beings, we get angry and mad. Do I get furious at a game sometimes? Of course. Do I start cursing, yelling, and insulting people? Yes, but that is the rare occasion otherwise I keep it to myself.

I don't quite get it. PGI has worked hard over the course of a few years or maybe less to get MWO to where it is now. As we've been told, some people don't leave the office til late at night. They resurrected a dead IP. How many people were playing MW: LL? As I've been told the servers never had more than 100 people total. There have been 5,000 view this forum in the past hour. Lets make that the vocal minority. 11.000 accounts, people. It will continue to grow as the game develops.

Founders; You didn't buy this game. The purpose always was that you were showing support for this game. Your money helped in the very beginning to make it. Some of you cry and asked for refunds after putting hours of playing into it. Acting like you bought a game and you were dissatisfied. Let me get this straight...You gave PGI money to make a game, you play the hell out of this game even though you knew it wasn't finished. You complain, you moan, and gripe and have the gall to ask for your money back? YOU PLAYED THIS GAME FOR HOURS ON END HAVEN'T YOU? This iphone, i've had it for a year. I still don't like the map on it. Better get a refund!

MC Buyers; The words are right there and you are almost in the same boat as founders. You play the game long enough and hard enough to to want premium time and skins. You want this content and you will be no better then you cry about how you wasted your money.

Free To Players; PGI has made this game because they wanted to. They like the IP. They wanted to make this game open and free to you. You play this game and start spouting hate and sling mud on them. You ignore every match you played and negate every good thing that you've gained from playing it. Did you not get enough gleeful satisfaction from getting the finishing blow on that mech? Was there not a single match where you came out and smiled? What would be the point if you just played matches to get angry and then moan and groan about it on a forum?

There are good people out there enjoying the game as it is. Then we have folks that deem it fit to instead state that PGI is something lesser. I don't get it...I don't see any bloody respect from you people who are supposedly grown, MATURE people. You act like the petulant kids of my generation disliking how their parents gave them the wrong type of phone.

I love this game. My brother lives a thousand miles away but me and him get on MWO daily and play it together. I get all these great memories when i join the teamspeak and win or lose I enjoy the game. I am blowing up mechs with my own damn skill or fail but I can still have a damn good time.

I don't hate you disrespectful people. I pity you.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I'm 17 and many guys here act like they are 10 years younger then me even though they are usually 10 years older then me. Its sad.

#13 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hey if nobody rages at this ******** it will never change eh?

#14 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 05 March 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Doesn't mean we need to start insulting every person who works at PGI.

I WILL HAVE FUZZY DICE!

#15 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 05 March 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

No. Wrong. I'm sure you can get your message through without acting like a child.

#16 Dikaiosyne26

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

I swear, It's nice to find more members of the Michigan Tribe...

#17 Celyth

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Gold Champ
  • WC 2017 Gold Champ
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior Onlinez

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hah, well said. People will blame everything.

There was once a game i played where after my team (actually me, it's always me) destroyed the enemy team. Someone on the enemy team cried "ECM!11!one!," and i barked back about how 2 of them rushed us and died within the first minute before their heavies got in; that was how they lost.

On a second note-these people of an age above us are quite stubborn, I'm not sure if you'll sway many of them. Gamers will always stay kids anyways.

#18 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

See, the thing about the internet, and I'm not attacking you personally, (I have been accused recently), is that its totally anonymous, That hot girl your chatting with could in reality be a 300lb hairy man who hasn't seen the light of day since the Nixon Administration. Point in fact, you say your 19, another guy said 17, I don't know that, I don't know you from Adam, or Eve if that's the case, but you just proved my point when you stated that. Anybody can jump on a keyboard and be as Self-righteous holier then thou, or as big an @$$ as they can be and nobody knows who they really are. Hence the term "Internet Tough guy," Just gotta learn to deal with it bro, don't take things said on the internet personally.

Edited by Hamm3r, 05 March 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#19 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Something scares me about this thread.............

#20 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostDikaiosyne26, on 05 March 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I swear, It's nice to find more members of the Michigan Tribe...

I'm not too far away from you guys. I'm over in Wisconsin right on the Mississippi. Get a decent football team would ya?

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 05 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users